First Federation Trust
New School Menu From October Half Term 2023 until Easter 2024
IMPORTANT: ParentPay Bookable Service is now LIVE
From September 2023 parents will be able to see our menu options on their ParentPay account and are now required to pre-book meals for their children each day (as required).
Please follow link for instructions on how to do this:
This change applies to ALL school provided meals for ALL pupils, including Universal Free School Meals for children in Yealm and Warren Classes, AND children who are eligible for Free School Meals through Pupil Premium*.
If you are experiencing any difficulties, do not know your log in details or have any questions or queries at all, please do not hesitate to get in contact with the school office at email@example.com. Without this log in you will not be able to order any meals for your child.
Free School Meals Information Letter 2023
Healthy school meals are cooked on the premises in our school kitchen.
The menu is currently on a three-week rolling programme, with a main choice, a vegetarian option and also a third option of jacket potato, available every day.
If your child has any special dietary requirements, please make an appointment to see the school cook, Miss Bing, to discuss this.
We also ask that if your child is having packed meals at lunchtime that you consider the contents of the lunchbox to ensure it is healthy and balanced.
School meals are provided FREE of charge to children in Yr.R, 1 and 2 and also to those who qualify for a free school meal by way of income qualification.
From year 3 onwards, children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
To apply for free school meals please use this link: Citizen Portal - Sign in (devon.gov.uk)
Healthy Snacks & Packed Lunches
We would like to remind all parents that school policy is for children to bring in fresh fruit or vegetables only for break time snacks. This is provided free of charge to children in Yealm & Warren class under a government funded initiative.
Please do not provide the following as snacks in school:
- Fizzy or sugary drinks
- Cereal bars (Many are high in sugar/ fat)
A drink of milk at break time is also provided free for children under the age of 5. You can register with Cool Milk and pay for a daily drink of milk for your child, if you wish to carry on this facility after your child’s fifth birthday.
For children in KS2, snacks are available at morning break time from the school kitchen. Please keep your child's account in credit, payments can be made via Parentpay.
Prices for the Tuck Shop are as follows:
- A slice of wholemeal toast 25p
- Apple 30p
- Satsuma/Orange 30p
- Banana 30p
- Raisins 30p
We provide your child with a free water bottle on their admission to school.
Please make sure that it is re-filled and sent in to school daily, so that your child has access to a drink, as and when required.